Are We There Yet?
So, one week of classes left and finals, then I'm all done at Marquette. Wow. I've been focusing so much on how badly I need to get out of here, how I just wanted to survive these last few months, that I don't think I allowed myself to realize that I'm leaving. This week it's really hit me. I will be leaving Marquette. Soon enough, I'll be leaving Wisconsin, the Midwest. Everything. Weeeeeeird! I'll most likely also be leaving any semblance of a social life, so we'll just have to see how that turns out. Mother is already hell-bent on finding me friends. There's one potential candidate she met at a dinner party in Madison, but I don't really see myself having a friend named "Buffy." Unless of course she kills vampires, because that would be friggin' sweet. Still, the idea of having to move across the country, meet all new people, make new friends... it's just exhausting.
Don't get me wrong, I'm still excited. I'm really looking forward to Europe with Liz and being a big time law student. Assuming of course I actually survive my trip with my sister. Apparently, I have a habit for getting on people's nerves sometimes (whaaaaaaaat?). Fingers crossed that she doesn't sell me into the sex trade in Amsterdam. Granted, I'll make out like a bandit, but still...
No comments:
Post a Comment